Lets face it, if your kids are anything like mine they are always hungry. Of course this has to do with the crazy growth and development they are undergoing but also could be because they aren't getting enough satiating fats and proteins. In my case I really think they just love eating, and they especially love snacking! Snacking seems to represent fun in the sun, school recess, beach days with friends and park dates. Who doesn't love all that!
I have seen so many moms slave over the most incredible meals for their children, well balanced with all the right fats + proteins + carbohydrates. Then turn around and you see their same children chowing down on goldfish or red vines at the park. Doesn't seem to add up, but I get it, finding healthy snacks that kids love and are excited about eating can be a challenge. Thankfully Thrive Market has made upgrading your everyday snacks easy and without the added high glycemic sugars, refined flours and inflammatory oils they make the Happy Healthy Littles approved snacks list ;) Thrive is an online grocery store that ships to your doorstep for free and carries all of our favorites. Think Costco prices meets Whole Foods quality and is delivered to your doorstep. Umm...Yes please!
Here are some common snacks + treats that kids love that are upgraded for greater enjoyment + health.
- Simple Mills Farmhouse Cheddar Crackers (seriously they taste better then goldfish!)
- Jackson Honest Apple Cider Vinegar Potato Chips (made with coconut oil)
- Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips (we like the lime flavor)
- Epic Grass-Fed Beef Jerky (pineapple juice + coconut sugar are used as the sweeteners and this jerky is made with absolutely no icky oils)
- Peanut Butter Packets (easy to pull out and enjoy with celery sticks or apple slices)
- Coconut Butter Packets (my kids loves these on there own)
- Angie's Boom Chicka Pop Popcorn (whit's treat your self snack)
- Mary's Gone Crackers (perfect snack with hummus or goat cheese)
- Simple Mills Toasted Pecan Cookies (you'll never believe these are healthy, seriously addicting)
- Dang Caramel Sea Salt Toasted Coconut Chips (a good candy alternative)
- Lilys Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate (Dani's fav)
- Hu Chocolate-Covered Hunks (easy on the go treat)
Sign up for Thrive today and get 25% off your first order!
Xo Dani and Whitney